Hi Don,

Am 24.08.20 um 04:04 schrieb Don Lewis:
> I've got a bunch of cherry picks that I'm planning to merge into AOO418.
> There are two categories:
>   * Fixes from the FreeBSD port that have been upstreamed to the trunk
>     and AOO42X branches, but I'm still carrying around in the FreeBSD
>     port of 4.1.7.
>
>   * Updates of a bunch of the bundled dependencies.  These have been
>     updated in AOO42X and trunk for a while, but haven't been merged to
>     AOO418.  The FreeBSD port mostly usees the system versions of these.
>
> I'd like to revisit:
>
>   commit 7a3beb322b74df1b6c96e03605837df34781c68f
>   Author: Matthias Seidel <msei...@apache.org>
>   Date:   Thu Oct 11 16:53:51 2018 +0000
>
>       Rollback to Rev. 1843088 due to build errors.
>
>       git-svn-id:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO416@18438571
> 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
>
> I'm still using the patch for the FreeBSD port.  Without it, a build
> with --enable-odk will fail with Java 8 or newer.  I don't see how it
> would break the build since the changes are just to structured comments
> that are parsed to generate the documentation in the ODK.  When this was
> backed out, I thought the reason was that building with a newer version
> of the JDK would prevent runtime detection of older versions of the JDK.
> So far asa I know, that's not a problem with AOO42X and trunk, which
> have the changes.

No, it was backed out because it broke the build.
But I am not sure if it was the patch itself or the way it was
committed. I think there were several fixes committed at once...

However, at that time a build that was compiled with Java 8 could not
see an installed Java 7 (at least on Windows).
Meanwhile Damjan has changed the Java detection (for AdpoptOpenJDK) so
we might try it again.

Regards,

   Matthias