On 27 Aug, Matthias Seidel wrote:

>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Am 24.08.20 um 04:04 schrieb Don Lewis:
>>> I've got a bunch of cherry picks that I'm planning to merge into AOO418.
>>> There are two categories:
>>>   * Fixes from the FreeBSD port that have been upstreamed to the trunk
>>>     and AOO42X branches, but I'm still carrying around in the FreeBSD
>>>     port of 4.1.7.
>>>
>>>   * Updates of a bunch of the bundled dependencies.  These have been
>>>     updated in AOO42X and trunk for a while, but haven't been merged to
>>>     AOO418.  The FreeBSD port mostly usees the system versions of these.
>>>
>>> I'd like to revisit:
>>>
>>>   commit 7a3beb322b74df1b6c96e03605837df34781c68f
>>>   Author: Matthias Seidel <msei...@apache.org>
>>>   Date:   Thu Oct 11 16:53:51 2018 +0000
>>>
>>>       Rollback to Rev. 1843088 due to build errors.
>>>
>>>       git-svn-id:
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO416@18438571
>>> 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
>>>
>>> I'm still using the patch for the FreeBSD port.  Without it, a build
>>> with --enable-odk will fail with Java 8 or newer.  I don't see how it
>>> would break the build since the changes are just to structured comments
>>> that are parsed to generate the documentation in the ODK.  When this was
>>> backed out, I thought the reason was that building with a newer version
>>> of the JDK would prevent runtime detection of older versions of the JDK.
>>> So far asa I know, that's not a problem with AOO42X and trunk, which
>>> have the changes.
>>
>> If I remember it right the Rollback included:
>>
>>  - Issue 127887 - update bundled redland/raptor/rasqal
>>  - Issue 127875 - fix a loop that visits all objects on a page so that
>> all objects get visited
>>  - Issue 127874 - fix bad potential invalid subscript bug when using
>> Microsoft Uniscribe text layout API
>>
>> We should commit all of the above again, one after the other.
>>
> Correcting myself: I had re-committed Issue 127874 and Issue 127875 to
> 4.1.6 after the Rollback.
>
> So Issue 127887 could now be committed to 4.1.8.
> We should discuss the change in configure.in regarding MacOS with Jim.

I'm working on a fairly large update to the bundled software.  I should
be able to create a pull request in a day or so.  127887 will be
included.  I'll test it on Linux and Windows.  I'll take a stab at the
MacOS bits, but won't be able to test it.

> Regards,
>
>    Matthias
>
>> "Issue 127876 - unbreak ODK build with Java 8" should be double
>> checked because of the known issue with Java 7 JRE.

Since 127876 only changes comments in our Java code, it should not
affect detection.  Without this change, is the Java 7 JRE detected if we
build with Java 8?