Hi Jörg, all

Starting with an answer to one of your previous emails

> And that's exactly the question: is there still a process or is everything
> finished?

Yes there is a process, and it is barely  started! I'm just trying to get
things moving! Can we quickly solve the logo issue to move on to create an RC1
that we can test?

> (Note: I would also prefer this suggestion over Pedro's proposal.)

Excellent! As I mentioned before I'm not a designer and I was simply trying to
hack a design that would gather consensus. If Matthias' design are acceptable
by everyone let's use them.

> > Dave Fisher brought up the idea of a three liner, so here is also my
> > proposal for the About dialog:
> >
> > https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/about_mseidel.png
>
> OK, the horizontal distance is bigger, but still the whole display looks
> unbalanced because it lacks 'optical stability'.
> This means that the text is not 'leaning' against the rest of the logo.
>
> Explanation: In your suggestion
> (https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/intro_mseidel.png) the text leans against
> the beginning and the end of "OpenOffice 4".

I think that what you mean is that it is not aligned?
Would it be possible for you and Matthias to discuss this off-list in German
and reach an agreement?

Regards,
Pedro