Hi Pedro,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pedro Lino [mailto:pedro.l...@mailbox.org]
> Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 10:47 AM
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Updated intro logo [was Re: Proposals]

As I mentioned before I'm not a designer and I was
> simply trying to hack a design that would gather consensus.
> If Matthias' design are acceptable by everyone let's use them.
>
> > > Dave Fisher brought up the idea of a three liner, so here
> is also my
> > > proposal for the About dialog:
> > >
> > > https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/about_mseidel.png
> >
> > OK, the horizontal distance is bigger, but still the whole
> display looks unbalanced because it lacks 'optical stability'.
> > This means that the text is not 'leaning' against the rest
> of the logo.
> >
> > Explanation: In your suggestion
> (https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/intro_mseidel.png) the text
> leans against the beginning and the end of "OpenOffice 4".
>
> I think that what you mean is that it is not aligned?

Yes, aligning it would be (theoretically) a possibility, but in concrete terms
there seems to be hardly enough space available.

I uploaded a sketch, the text would have to be arranged imho within the red
lines:
http://calc-info.de/files/skizze.gif

but the text would have to be quite small and I don't know if that is
acceptable.

A basic remark:
would it be good to use two different logos (one for Splash-Screen and one for
About-Box)? Or is that not the point at all?

Yes, this remark extends the discussion (and makes it more difficult) but
please understand my position - I _don't_ want to dominate the discussion with
my opinion.
So at the end of the discussion the _best technical_ (or optical) solution
should be found and not a 'deal' just to not annoy anybody.

> Would it be possible for you and Matthias to discuss this
> off-list in German and reach an agreement?

I would agree, but I know that Mathias won't talk to me. Therefore it is
unfortunately not possible.

Jörg