Just read what Mathias writes, because that also corresponds to my state of
information:

"However, this should be used as fallback only..."

(Right, Mathias writes this statement about the other link, but it also applies
to yours. If this is not true then someone would have to contradict it).

> If I were you I would promote both links. Let the user
> choose, and tell
> the pros and cons if possible.
>
> IMHO if you are unhappy with SF.net,

Please let me be clear: I personally am not dissatisfied with Sourceforge, but
I know that there are a lot of normal end users, because there are always
queries and that's just because the Sourceforge site is absolutely confusing.

> or any other group we should
> discuss alternates. I want to remind all PMC members that the PMC has
> discussed alternate structures as backup or as full replacement to
> SF.net in 2018. It got stuck and as much on the things we
> volunteers do,
> it did not advance. But stuck does not mean we can not continue, if
> there is interest.

Ok.

> We can also invite SF.net to discuss with our community ways on
> improving the situation. Or explain the situation why it is
> as it is. We
> can bring people together. Just as an alternate Idea. I am satisfied
> with the service that SF.net provides to us.
>
> The PMC has also discussed the Idea to accredit 3rd party
> pages.

I like that but I did not know anything about it.

Now that I have knowledge of this, I would like to say something more
comprehensive. For this I have to research some information off-list (takes a
few days) and it will depend on the result of this research if I will start a
discussion about it here on dev.

> But we
> never brought this to dev.

and I think that's bad, because once again the PMC is secretive about a topic
where it is not necessary

> The PMC can not do
> miracles.

This is not what I am criticizing, neither on the current topic here nor on
other topics.

I criticize that the PMC does not really manage the project.
All of us, and the PMC is at the forefront, must feel responsible for our
entire project and must understand that project development cannot be left to
the random interests of individuals. I repeat myself when I write:

Meritocracy must be our living tool for the common work, we must not let
meritocracy degenerate into religion.

> If there are people interested to
> pick this
> idea up I am sure we can discuss Ideas.

Yes, that is clear and undisputed.

However, it is neither possible nor necessary to discuss every topic anew at
every time, but there are (imho) topics on which there is relative consensus
(through previous discussions or automatically).
I personally felt that the offer of serverion.com would be a great opportunity
for us and therefore should be treated with some support. That's all.

> > In other places the passing of the PMC is regularly viewed
> negatively.
>
> Sure let them talk.

I would like to do that. But if I'm alone with it again and again and don't get
any support from anyone, it's not a promising approach.

greetings,
Jörg