But as far as "New" is concerned, the menu is completely called File-New (and
not Window-New) and I find a new file is e.g. a text document. "Writer" would
be the term for a new Writer window, but that would not correspond to the name
of the menu.
This is a possible explanation of the menu, not an explicit defense of the menu.

I've read that you don't suggest any changes, but I'd like to point out: please
let's not spend time on menu changes, in LibreOffice the menu changes are an
absolute nuisance, because you have to search all the time.

Jörg