Hello Dave,

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:09:15AM -0800, Dave Fisher wrote:

> Hi Arrigo,
>
> I really appreciate your enthusiasm and excellent help on AOO!

Thank you! I am just doing what I can.

> There was another thread where we discussed moving devtools to git.

I think you mean this one?
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r64090cf9de98c0147098b5d7d58b5f248c71b42e06d3dcb1c536bc88%40%3Cdev.openoffice.apache.org%3E

> I think this would be the perfect time to move/rewrite build instructions as
markdown files on these GitHub repos:

> Apache/openoffice - README.md
> Apache/openoffice-project source.md
> A new Apache/openoffice-devtools
>
> I would deprecate the Wiki instructions.

I think I get your point. This would ensure that the doc is always
paired with the software it talks about.

However, I suggest to keep this documentation on the Wiki, at least at
a first stage. I think it is quicker and easier to edit, and better
allows people to cooperate on the same document, than using Git and
pull requests.

When finished, the ``snapshots'' could be saved into the source tree
when a release is published, and this could avoid us ``branches'' on
the wiki as well as on the code.  But I would leave such decision to a
later stage.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,
--