Dear OpenOffice Dev Team,

I've been trying to build Open Office today, but I couldn't install freetype2
on my ubuntu machine.

When I did a "./configure" in the main folder, I got the following error :

checking whether freetype is available... checking for FREETYPE... no
configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2 >= 2.0 ) were not met:

No package 'freetype2' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FREETYPE_CFLAGS
and FREETYPE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Then I downloaded freetype 2 and installed it into /usr/local/freetype and
added /usr/local/freetype in the .bashrc file , but I got the same error.

Best Regards,
Hao Wang