Hello Hao Wang,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 01:13:33PM +0000, Hao Wang wrote:

> Dear OpenOffice Dev Team,
>
> I've been trying to build Open Office today, but I couldn't install freetype2
> on my ubuntu machine.
>
> When I did a "./configure" in the main folder, I got the following error :
>
> checking whether freetype is available... checking for FREETYPE... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (freetype2 >= 2.0 ) were not met:
>
> No package 'freetype2' found

[...]

> Then I downloaded freetype 2 and installed it into
> /usr/local/freetype and added /usr/local/freetype in the .bashrc
> file , but I got the same error.

In general, you should be able to use the packages provided by your
distribution. On Ubuntu 18.04, the package is named
"libfreetype6-dev", and is installed by the following command:

 $ sudo apt install libfreetype6-dev

This will probably be the first package out of a long
list. Unfortunately, I do not have a ready-made list of build
dependencies for Ubuntu, but someone else on this mailing list could
be able to provide it.

To whoever has any building dependencies lists: I remain available to
publish them on-line on the wiki, if you could kindly send them here.

I hope this helps.
--
Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org