On 8/31/21 8:44 AM, Hao Wang wrote:
> Thanks for introducing me to the new term Ribbon. Looks like that's what I'm
> aiming for.
What in particular about Ribbon?

I know Microsoft did lots of studies as part of designing it; but
honestly I prefer a Ribbon-less interface. IMHO, the Ribbon just adds
clicks while one searches about for things without much context in each
individual "Ribbon" to find stuff, making it more confusing than the
previous approach which AOO continues to use.

> In addition to the UI redesign, is it possible for us to develop a web-page
> based office suite similar to Google docs or Office 365 ?

AOO doesn't lend itself into that situation; however the document
processing libraries for ODF do but then the major work of website
design and library integration (with JavaScript/TypeScript) would still
need to be done.

$0.02

A lurker,

Ben