Hi Marcus and Arrigo,

On 7/18/22 5:26 PM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
Dear All,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 07:03:09PM +0200, Marcus wrote:

Am 16.07.22 um 15:38 schrieb Carl Marcum:
[...Carl's version]
For the blog post I propose adding this text after the second paragraph.

If you reference the 4.1.12 release blog post [1] this would replace the
sentence about the dedication to Jörg in 4.1.12.

---
It is always a good idea to backup your OpenOffice user profile before
an upgrade. It is especially important during this upgrade for users who
use the Master Password functionality and may decide to use an older
version later. There is a change in the encoding of stored passwords in
this 4.1.13 release that may make your user profile unusable for
previous versions.
[... Marcus' version ]
thanks for the text. IMHO The priority #1 should be the hint why this time a
backup is recommended. Therefore I suggest to switch the order:

1. Backup due to this release
2. Backup is always a good idea.

What do you think about this?

<start>

It is recommended to make a backup of the Apache OpenOffice users profile
before installing AOO 4.1.13. It is especially important for users who use
the Master Password functionality and may decide to use an older version
later. There is a change in the encoding of stored passwords in this 4.1.13
release that may make your user profile unusable for previous versions.

In general, it is always a good idea to do a backup of important and
personal data, so we recommend to always backup your OpenOffice user profile
before doing an upgrade to a newer release.
I personally like Carl's version best, but both are good IMHO.

I would like to suggest we only put these paragraphs (either Marcus'
or Carl's version) on the blog post and emails.

More details on the user profile (the list of directories for
different OSes) IMHO do not fit a blog post or an email for ``general
users''. I would rather only expect to see them on the release notes,
that can ``get more technical''.

I.e. this text:

Users can backup their profile by copying these directories:

Linux: /home/<username>/.openoffice
Windows 10: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice
Earlier Windows: \Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application
Data\OpenOffice
macOS: /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice