Hello All,

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 10:49:53PM +0200, Matthias Seidel wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 22.04.23 um 09:22 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I came across
> >
> > https://dev.to/opensauced/whos-looking-for-open-source-contributors-week-38-16e9
> >

> > And it got me thinking. I would like to advertise for help. But so far
> > our on boarding quota is really bad, since we relay on the volunteers
> > long term motivation.

+1, because it takes a very long time to be able to actually work on
AOO, IMHO.

> > so i would like to call for help on specific tasks. These tasks are
> > promoted in a contribute.md file. I would like to break down tasks in
> > small steps so volunteer engagement is quickly achieved.
> >
> > And i would like to build feature roadmaps. So we can promote them,
> > and become more structured. Of course this approach is to be seen as
> > an addition on how we engage today.
>
> Yes, something like a roadmap would be great!
>
> After all, we are here to maintain and develop OpenOffice...

Isn't the "Help Wanted" page already a good list?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted

It is not in the form of a roadmap, but it already contains a lot of
content, well structured.

> > What do you think?

A "Contributing" paragraph in README.md with a link to the above page
could already be a step forward.

Then, we could focus on making that page better, more up to date, in
tabular form etc.

...and just because we are discussing README.md I would appreciate if
someone added it to the AOO41X and AOO42X branches! They are worth at
least a minimal description...

Best regards,
--
Arrigo