From: Marcus [marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2024 15:45
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org; adams william
Subject: Re: ?subject=Reporting%20broken%20download%20link

Am 24.05.24 um 01:44 schrieb adams william:
> clicked the link just now after your email
>
> still got this
>
> This site can’t be reached
> The webpage at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.15/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.15_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe/download
>  might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web
> address.

when both links - the SourceForge site and even the site which is hosted
and manged by Apache itself - fails to download but other users can
download, then I don't see a problem on our side. Especially also when
it seems that you have problems with your clock setting somewhere in the
Windows setup.

Some hints for more help:
- Have you tried just one alternative mirror site via the grey "Problems
Downloading?" button? Or some more or maybe all?
- Do you have tried to download the software from another PC and copied
the downloaded file to you XP computer?

> trying to get something for winxp but it seems to not respond to winxp and
> chrome
> any other ways to get that software?  or did you all give up on xp updates.

If you are still using Windows XP then I strongly recommend to consider
the mail from D W from today. XP was given up by Microsoft in 2014 which
is now 10 years ago!

Therefore we also don't develop anymore for Windows XP. Of course you
can use Apache OpenOffice on such systems. However, when something is
not working correctly then we are sorry but cannot help anymore.

I hope this helps.

Marcus