Some may already have seen it, I opened a PR to add a new icon theme.

https://github.com/apache/openoffice/pull/214

This is just a proof of concept. I used icons from Remix because they are available and under ALv2:

https://remixicon.com/

However, if someone knows other icons to use, please speak up.

Until we have consensus on this topic the PR will remain a draft open for everyone.

thanks, looks good. Very minimalist but many people like this style, So, it's perfect to have an icon set - in a future release.

PS:
I thought "remix" is a mix of existing icons. ;-)

Marcus