From: Bruce Byfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: May 8, 2005 9:26:07 PM EDT
To: debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org
Subject: FSF to fork OOo over java

See:

http://www.fsf.org/news/open-office-java.html

I'm planning to follow up on this news in an article for Newsforge. Does
anybody have any comments they would like to make?

I had an interesting conversation with Richard Stallman. seems he is backing off of the fork idea. Seems he has made the decision to help OOo work with a 'free' java implementation rather than fork OOo. I think this is the better way to go, and hopefully he will continue down this path rather than a fork.

regards,
shawn