I found that OLE objects are stored inside the zipped package as "Object nb" where nb is a number. And without any extension.

By taking a closer look, they seem to be MS files (excel in my case) but even though I converted the main file (powerpoint in my case) to sxi format the object files don't seem to have been converted.

Is there any specific reason for that ?

Is there a way to make sure even object are converted to sx* formats so that they can be read by an XML parser ?

Is there a way to access their contents programatically without first converting them one by one ?

JC Helary