I'd like to rephrase my question from yesterday regarding local databases:

Where I work we have a policy that says users are not supposed to keep
their own databases. Sophisticated users will, of course, always find
a way, but we'd like to at least remove all the obvious GUI ways to
use local databases. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to discourage
users from creating/registering Base databases.

For instance, it would be a good start to remove "Database" from the
quickstarter pop-up and the File/New dialog. How would I do that?

And maybe there's a way to disable the Base GUI completely?

Any other ideas how I can make life more difficult for users who want
to use the Base GUI?

Matthias Benkmann