On 11/8/05, John Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > This is the *dev* list isn't it. Pull out your compiler/debugger and
> > whip up a patch.
> >
> > C.
>
> I was hoping that the developer who actually wrote the related code
> would **fix** it. He or she knows where the related code is, knows how
> it works and could fix it in a few minutes.

How did you know that it could get fixed in a few minutes if you
haven't read the code (or you are not going to)?  Just curious.

>And why
> has such a basic problem remained unfixed since April?.

Because no one has bothered to file an issue for it?  Seriously, if
you don't want to read the code and provide a fix, that's fine.  But
at least you could do your part by filing an issue so that the right
person gets notified.

I certainly wouldn't expect everybody to be a developer and everybody
to be able to fix a bug, but I would at least expect he or she to try
to do his/her part, before coming to a dev list and demand *someone
else* fix it for *you*.

BTW, this would be a great opportunity to get your hands down and
dirty with the code.  Trying to fix a bug that bothers you a lot is a
great way to get you motivated.  That's how I got started too.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida
OpenOffice.org Calc contributor