> One nit: since the automatic implementation name derivation looks kind
> of fragile (and most of the time, I _do_ declare my service
> implementations in anonymous namespaces) - how about disabling that
> feature by default? I have the impression that not much of OOo
> development outside Sun takes place on Windows, and specifying one
> (more) string at the constructor is really not that much overhead...

Yes, the current implementation disallows the use of anonymous
namespaces (at least on Windows, the dll cannot be registered).
I agree, it is really not much work to specify an implementation name,
but it would be nice to get rid of it.  IMO the current (though not
specified) rule inserting a "comp." into the service name to make an
implementation name, e.g.

"org.openoffice.package.MyService" =>
"org.openoffice.comp.package.MyService"

is even more fragile.

I think using a named namespace (instead of an anonymous) is not really
overhead, and, with the prepended library name, the implementation name
is unique:
- double class definitions in the same library leads to link error
- use of anonymous namespace for class_ leads to registration error

Of course, the safe solution would be a globally unique identifier
(GUID), but much more overhead.

regards,
-Daniel