Hi,

since when do we have a quick-starter for Linux? I thought this was not necessary, as the libraries are kept in memory after the first start anyway, except if a lot of other programs are started meanwhile. So, is it for the first start only?

When I install OOo (even the archive version without system integration) on a Linux machine using the Display on a Solaris server, I get the quick-starter icon in the system bar of my Solaris JDS workspace. (Maybe this vanishes after quitting the linux session window)

The checkmark "Start quick starter on system launch" (or the like) is checked. How does this work as a simple (non-root) user?

-Bjoern