Hi Bjoern,

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 13:00 +0200, Frank Schönheit - wrote:
> > But, coming back to a more technical stand-point, how does this work?
>
> Don't know. Michael said he simply ported the existing Windows code

        Basically yes, there is an empty OO.o window running in the background
all the time - it burns some MB certainly, it also saves a lot of
cold-start time for an average office worker I think [ clearly not us ].

        Of course, whether it should be enabled by default is an interesting
question; it is not for our Linux builds, is it possible there is some
difference in the Sun build system in this area ? [not got to the bottom
there - just turned it off for Sun].

        HTH,

                Michael.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot