Hi Bjoern,

>>In my m189, the checkbox is named "Enable systray quickstarter". No
>>mention of a system start - as you said, this would not be possible.
>
> So, "enable" means start the quickstarter next time I start OOo (if it
> is not already running)?

Don't know. It doesn't work in my installation - whenever I check it,
nothing happens, and next time I open the dialog, it's unchecked, again.

> But can you really disable installation via the MSI installer?

Yes.

> But, coming back to a more technical stand-point, how does this work?

Don't know. Michael said he simply ported the existing Windows code, so
I assume it's simply that the process is still running, without an
opened window, but the systray icon. And I'd say the icon appears only
when you start OOo, not earlier.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -