Thorsten Behrens schrieb:
David Fraser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

...but I think there are still significant cases where using a wiki
is a much faster route for people (particularly outside
contributors) to use to collaboratively produce a specification.

Seconded. A wiki has a low barrier for entry, can cross-link/refer
to/include verbatim other specs or documentation on the 'net, can be
edited collaboratively - and, probably the biggest pro currently, can
be searched in with whatever search engine you like.

What's more, a wiki more explicitely expresses the fact that a spec
(or feature documentation - a lot of the things we're currently
calling 'specs' are actually after-the-fact documentations) is never
finished, but a living document.

I support the idea, too.

The one issue I see is, how to "finalize" a spec and make it stable/unchangeable for the times the functionality is unchanged. QA and bug-fixing need a stable spec to compare the actual behaviour with it.

Nikolai