Hi!

Niklas Nebel wrote:
Otherwise, we could do the same with QA: If they don't object within two weeks, a change is integrated. That would speed up things, too. :-)

Best would be: No QA, no Doc, no UserEx, just hackin' code ;-)

I agree in making the processes transparent, liveable etc. for all stakeholders but it has to be also an agreement of them the we don't want to give the quality away we have already reached - means: no regression, no work hinderers (build and process breakers) anymore.

Just for information: If the automated GUI testing can not be started on a [to be released] build we loose ~50% (over all modules, in some we have 95% in others less) testing code coverage. Do we all agree that it makes no sense to break this testing process which also being used by porting-dev to get things done on other platforms!? We all can also agree that we should invest in making it faster.

Same for specifications: Yes, make it faster but don't give up the content needed by one of the stakeholders/customers of this document. And we already know which groups need which information.

Time is never a valid reason to waste quality.

Yours,
Jogi