Eike Rathke wrote:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> On Wednesday, 2006-11-15 18:24:43 +0100, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>> The exact length of the timeout should be nailed by the ESC. 2 weeks
>> seems to be enough IMHO.
>
> Depends on. If the person in question is on vacation it might not be
> enough. To prevent this situation enquiries should always somehow be
> made public, so someone may jump in or point it out.

Vacation can't be an excuse for being unresponsive. This is a team
effort and project leads or team managers should be able to monitor
this. At least that's what happens in development. Why not in other
teams also?

I already mentioned that it should be clear that it can't be expected
that a problem is always solved within 2 weeks. One reason for this
might be vacation. So my constraint that automatic timeouts shouldn't
take effect if people are responsive but just don't finish their work in
2 weeks should become rephrased: if UX doesn't give any answer in 2(?)
weeks the developer(s) should be allowed to proceed without them.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.