Hi Matthias,

I assume you are either running GNOME or KDE. The OOo configuration backends for both desktops need to change the (default) value of this setting at runtime, otherwise "system" would have to be the default, even for desktop environments we have no configuration backend for.

Regards,
Oliver

Matthias B. wrote:
I've changed /opt/openoffice.org/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Inet.xcu

so that it reads

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<oor:component-data oor:name="Inet" oor:package="org.openoffice"
xmlns:install="http://openoffice.org/[...]
       <node oor:name="Settings">
               <prop oor:name="ooInetProxyType" oor:type="xs:int">
                       <value>0</value>
               </prop>
       </node>
<node oor:name="SearchEngines">
[...]

but when I check the proxy settings in Tools/Options the proxy is
still set to "System". This is under Linux and of course I've wiped my
$HOME/.openoffice.org2 directory for the test. Any ideas why the
setting isn't taking effect?

Matthias