Matthias B. schrieb:
On 3/15/07, Oliver Braun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Matthias,

I assume you are either running GNOME or KDE. The OOo configuration
backends for both desktops need to change the (default) value of this
setting at runtime, otherwise "system" would have to be the default,
even for desktop environments we have no configuration backend for.

Yes, I have KDE. So that means that there's no way to globally disable
the use of a proxy?

You only can disable the import of all your KDE settings (by renaming kdebe.uno.so) if that really is what you want.

What exactly does the "System" setting mean anyway?

"System" means "import from desktop environment", i.e. you probably have KDE configured to use a proxy. Why should OOo not use the same proxy as all your KDE apps ? If other users have not configured a proxy in KDE, they won't have one in OOo, too.

- Oliver