Hi LiuTao,

Thank you for your interest in helping. It is rather hard for me to give you any specific, small, self-contained tasks right now. Work is currently rather proceeding in a way of seeing what broke for OOo-wo-URE and then looking how to fix it.

Anyway, I am expanding sb71 in two directions right now, and I would welcome help in both of them:

1 Now that the smoketest succeeds on Unix, use other tests (unit tests, api tests, qatesttool, manual tests) to find things that broke (and fix them once identified).

2  Make OOo-wo-URE work on Windows.  The things that need to be done here:

2.1 Introduce the Windows equivalent of the Unix ure-link symlink, so that OOo-wo-URE can locate URE (use a registry entry? there already is one that points to URE). (Where exactly it is currently necessary for OOo-wo-URE to locate URE via ure-link can be found out by grepping for "ure-link" in the sb71 sources.)

2.2 Make executables and shared libraries in OOo-wo-URE find the shared libraries of URE they depend on (i.e., the Windows equivalent of the Unix ELF RPATH). I hope that Hennes Rohling will provide some solution.

2.3 Examine how the new bootstrap/environment variables set in the Unix start scripts (URE_BIN_DIR, URE_UNORC, URE_JVMFWK3RC) can be set under Windows (where there are no start scripts).

-Stephan

liutao wrote:
Hello Stephan,
Glad to know that the CWSsd71 have been done and thanks for the following wiki
page to describe the details of how these step was reached.
I found the followling in the wiki page:
Two kinds of changes are necessary: 1.Adapt the code so that it can work for an installation distributed across multiple trees. 2.For specific distributed products, create appropriate installation sets containing appropriate content (e.g., ini/rc files that cater for the distribution of referenced entities). and more detailed list of necessary changes are listed.
Our RedOffice team have ability to do some work in the changes list. wish you
can allocate some detail tasks to us but need more guide or a developer like a
mentor.We can start with some simple tasks.
Regards,
LiuTao.
Stephan Bergmann wrote:
FYI: <http://odftoolkit.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=32>