Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

> Even better, will a new and improved macro recorder be implemented? I do
> not remember seeing one in any road map, but I might have missed it.

A new+improved macro recorder (I assume you mean a recorder that uses
the "real" API and not the dispatach API) would be possible only by
completely rewriting all "glue" code between the controls and the
document core. This is very unlikely to happen.

Why is that so? A recorder can record only API calls that are "played".
The only API calls that currently are "played" are the dispatch API
calls. If you wanted other code to be recorded we would need to use
("play") them in the code executed by e.g. the code that is executed
when a menu or toolbar control is selected.

And while we are at it:

> Kálmán Szalai wrote:
>> Thank you for the information.
>> Are you planning to reimplement this part and make it available under
>> Draw/Impress?

There are no plans to implement that. If I had the choice I never would
have done it for Writer and Calc also as the current macro recorder is
not what people really want and the "real" thing is just too much effort
 for the expected benefit. The resources we invested for that can be
used better for more important things.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".