Mathias Bauer wrote:
> KAMI wrote:
>
>> KAMI írta:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is it possible to create multilanguage documents with OOo or the ODF
>>> itself make it possioble. I thinking about a document has several
>>> languages in one file. The apperance of documents depend on the
>>> language of UI for example. Also the meta informations such as author,
>>> title are depending on UI language. Is it possible somehow? ODF
>>> standard makes possibility of multi lang doc this way?
>>>
>> Any idea here?
>>

> Such thing does not exist and this feature is not implemented. ODF does
> not define any multi language support of that kind.
>
> In case you wanted to implement language dependent metadata:
> (basically ;-) ) no problem using custom properties and an own UI to
> treat them (extension).
>
> Treating language dependent text content is harder. In Writer it could
> be done on section or paragraph level by writing an extension that makes
> sections or paragraphs visible or invisible depending on the selected
> language. Besides that there is only hidden text to do some comparable
> on "lower" level but this is restricted to "simple" text as hidden text
> is a text field that does not allow to have different attributes applied
> to text in it.

FWIW: MS Word has been having that ability for quite a few versions now.
There one would use the "Language" tab on styles to define what language
it is used for (on that dialog one is able to turn off grammar- and
spell-checking). Having that feature available it gets used around here
whenever there are mixed-language texts.

---rony