Michael,

I am sorry but given the way you describe this event, it seems that:

- it will be 'hackers' only
- nobody will be able to speak politics (ah, those darned politics and politicians, always pointing out awkward things about your employer! Why do they even exist?) which in essence means, that discussions will be managed - you seem to be ignoring the existence of "RegiCons", or regional conferences that work very well.

In short, you advertise for a Novell event.
Notice that I think a Novell event could be an interesting idea, but, as I wrote above, the way it is being pictured looks problematic to me.

Best,
Charles.