Hi Rene,

In message "Re: [dev] building and using cairo",
Rene Engelhard wrote...

 >Takashi Ono wrote:
 >> However, BUILD_CAIRO environment variable is not handled by
config_office/configure.
 >> And even if I add it by hand, the build fails.
 >
 >a variable named BUILD_CAIRO sounds 99.9% the wrong way to do it,
 >cairo should be in BUILD_TYPE and stuff needing it appropriately
 >conditionalized. Of course, if you need special handling then for
 >internal cairo/external cairo, follow the rest and use SYSTEM_CAIRO.
 >
 >> Is it still experimental or shall I raise an issue?
 >
 >Please raise an issue and assign it to whoever added the not-working
 >cairo module.

Starting from m24, BUILD_TYPE is going to be set for CAIRO but it does not seem
to be
working for the choise of internall unzip of prebuilt cairo and internal build
of
cairo. And I think it can only be controlled by the variable BUILD_CAIRO whtch
is
used in cairo/cairo/makefile.mk and the configure script should emit the
variable.

----
 Takashi Ono(HK Freak)
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        (Personal Address, checked every morning/evening and holidays)
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        (Address for business, checked every working days)
 http://www.hkfreak.net