Hi,
Juergen Schmidt wrote:
Hi Andrey,

we can't give any guarantee for the the Novell builds of OpenOffice. I recommend that you use a vanilla build from OpenOffice. They have applied a lot of patches where we can't give any guarantee for and where we can't give support. It's not nice but that is the current situation and they of course don't contribute back everything. They only complain that we don't accept patches but that isn't true. We accept working and final patches that make sense for our multi platform sources.

Regards

I did expect that what openoffice.org includes not only a tarball but also rpms. My dev300_m28 build even produces them, but they install in a strange place under /opt, which led me to install opensuse's rpms which are kinda more user-friendly. I suppose that the official opensuse builds are patched but the unstable ones could be vanilla.

Juergen

Andrey