On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:20 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Regarding the tab conversion, I guess such a one-time conversion won't
> help much unless we could ensure that no new tabs get introduced with
> new commits.

I've long stuck

/* vi:set tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 expandtab: */

at the bottom of the .?xx files that I "own" in OOo, perhaps something
like that plus the emacs equivalent could be mass stuffed into the
header region to aid not putting them into .?xx files in the first place

And subversion (like cvs) has a precommit hook that can e.g. reject
files with tabs in them. e.g.
http://wordaligned.org/articles/a-subversion-pre-commit-hook

C.