Hi, Frank (and thank you very much for the explanations),

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi T. J.,

I would *kill* for a little techno-babble here ...

Okay, I see your point here. I am still not convinced that transporting
the information via css.Exception.Message is the best idea ever, and
won't cause problems later on, but I definitely see your point.

And I see yours: you are worried that the proposed additions will establish "squatter's rights" on the field, and be hard to evict, should that become desirable in the future. A definite possibility.

.. But logging is a longer-term enhancement,

No. Logging facilities are available, and the same script which produces
a "add file/line info to exceptions" patch could equally easily produce
a "add logger calls" patch.

Sounds wonderful, and should keep everybody happy. 3.0.2? 3.1? [ ;-) ROFL ] /tj/

--
T. J. Frazier
Melbourne, FL

(TJFrazier on OO.o)