Hi,

On Wednesday, 2009-03-11 09:00:45 +0100, Frank Schönheit wrote:

> > OTOH designing exceptions right is very hard and often needs a lot of
> > thinking. So I don't expect that we can fix that in a "big bang"
> > release, we will need quite some time to fix that.
>
> I would be happy if we would allow for such fixing. I don't want to fix
> all of those at the same time, but being able to fix them incrementally,
> as they bite me, would be great.

Unfortunately, adding exceptions to a method changes the API contract,
so fixing things incrementally would incrementally destabilize API use.

We'll need some versioned API for this. I guess many are missing such
thing and didn't do useful but not required changes for just the reason
of API compatibility.

  Eike

--
 OOo/SO Calc core developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412