Hi Jochen,

Joachim Lingner schrieb:
As Thorsten pointed out, we are NOT capable of covering the QA for our product completely NOR are we able to extend QA to new features (no time for writing new tests, etc.) We also know, that this is not because we are lazy ... As a matter of fact, many issues are reported by the community, at least the critical ones which often promote to stoppers. IMO, we should therefore promote the QA community, so there will be more volunteers (who maybe also develop tests) and extend the time span between feature/code freeze and the actual release date.

There is one critical point. When you extend the time for testing and QA
between Feature Freeze and Release date, you bind the QA community to
one release (Code line) and who should do QA work on the next release,
where the developers work on and create their CWSes?

I talked very often with Martin about extending the time buffers
between FeatureFreeze, CodeFreeze, Translation Handover ... and
it isn't easy to find a good choice for all teams.

Thorsten