Joachim Lingner ?????:
As a matter of fact, many issues are reported by the community, at least the critical ones which often promote to stoppers. IMO, we should therefore promote the QA community, so there will be more volunteers (who maybe also develop tests) and extend the time span between feature/code freeze and the actual release date.

Jochen

Promoting QA in community is not enough - you have to retain people. In order to retain people project needs to fix their issues, which inspires people to use milestones in daily work. Many of developers do not know how great it feels when issue you are interested in gets fixed relatively quick. Developers also do not know that it sucks when fix for your issue is delayed and delayed. I think many users would rather have faster fixes than more stable milestone (you always can go to prev release/milestone).

Just my two copecks.
WBR,
KP.