Hello Kirill,

>> Uhm, I doubt that. What you're saying here is that we should sacrifice
>> quality to more fixes. I believe this would be bad for OOo's overall
>> reputation.
>>
> What I mean to say is that we could sacrifice quality of snapshots to
> bring in features faster and to motivate QA volunteers to test in real
> life (fast-paced development is yet another usage motivator). Besides,
> it is questionable what is worse for reputation - having 2-3-4-5 y/old
> usability defects or bugs versus regressions.

But bringing CWSes faster into the master would not yield the
developer's output. In other words, we would not be able to fix only one
more bug by that. At the opposite, I would assume that if we reduce the
snapshot quality in the way you propose it, then developers would be
able to fix *less* issues, since they would need to do more regression
fixing, which is the more expensive the later in the release cycle it
happens.

Ciao
Frank

--