Hi Marcin, *,

2009/7/16 Marcin Miłkowski <milek...@o2.pl>:
> Christian Lohmaier pisze:
>>
>> I still disagree. Basically /all/ of the questions asken on IRC about
>> building OOo were because people are unable to read configure or
>> because they don't use vanilla build system. Most of those didn't
>> bother to read any instructions, didn't look for instructions.
>
> I could reply that probably using IRC is eating their brains ;) as most
> questions asked at dev seem to be quite different.

Those questions will not be answered by a building OOo for newbies guide.
The one I remember fall into the not using vanilla OOo/not taking
advice given category.

The other ones were build breakers are introduced (already built
successfully in the past, newer milestone breaks). System components
change in a incompatible way. Nothing that could be covered in a
simple guide. (but rather are bugs in the code)

> [...] Linux build was strangely broken).

Those even less.

To get this straight:
I'm /not/ against consolidating the pages, au contraire, I support
getting rid of old pages.
But:
I am against yet another place (instead of reusing the existing pages)
I am against the structure as it appears now

I doubt that the new documentation will cause less questions.

I'm speaking for myself only, and of course don't tell anybody to stop
with the efforts.

ciao
Christian