Hi Christian,

i really don't understand what your problem is. Maybe you missed the goal of Per's work, it is simply the consolidation of several different pages into one new place, put some structure on it and extend or improve it where necessary. From my point of view structure is always good and the documentation project did a good job here. So why not using the same technique in other places. Call it guide, book or whatever. In the end you don't have to read it all, you will be guide to the pages you need.

And i think you look on it with the wrong glasses. You are very familiar with all this stuff and it's clear for you as well as for others. Great you can read configure but many others not. But they maybe want to build OOo on their own because they can C++. And they are maybe able to fix some issues, are able to create patches (with the right instruction), etc. etc.

The work Per is doing is not for the developers we already have it is probably more for new ones. We should support this effort with the knowledge we have and make it a valuable resource for new developers. The only place we have to maintain for future changes, improvements in this area.

Juergen

Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Marcin, *,