Hi Felix,

Sorry for the long delay, but I'm back to the issue, because I need to fix it.

Please ignore what I wrote if you already fixed the issue, and if so, please tell me how (I di't fix it correctly yet).

Zhang Xiaofei a écrit :

For people who don't know, I'm colleague of the author of the original

message, we build on Fuloong Minis, which has same processors as Gdium
machines has.

I observed the build output and found the switch still in use. The -fpic
switch may have been moved to soleenv/inc/unxlng.mk in the fix of i89237
"Unify the linux .mk files". If that's the case I guess there's other issues
causing the breakage.

Maybe, maybe not.

About optimisation, what I have remarked, that the default value is
CDEFAULTOPT*=-O2  in solenv/inc/unxlngx.mk

And in solenv/inc/unxlngmips.mk, there is :
CDEFAULTOPT=-Os

Like Caolan explained.

Now, reading gcc documentation, I found that the last value passed wins. So we can consider the CDEFAULTOPT*=-O2 wins, because -Os is written before the include unxlng.mk (if I'm not wrong) in unxlngmips.mk.

This could explain the new behavior too.

Till now we have tested DEV300_m58 and DEV300_m60, the breakage took place
in the latter but not the former one.

Confirmed.

By the way we tried the following workaround: adding -mips2 (or -mips3) for
gcc globally, the build could continue but office will crash with SIGBUS,

Yes, I confirm the build work for me in comphelper too using -mips3, but use -mips3 is imho not the right option, because (yet reading the documentation) mips3 is for 64 bits, and we do 32 bits chroot with linux32.

In fact, to save time, I started the build using mips3 and I started reading the documentation in meantime ( bad move ;-) , but once I'll have verified the build is ok, I'll restart one using

-march=mips32

Did you try that one ? (I didn't saw it in the build, but maybe I was blind). Or maybe thre is a better one ?

this can be solved by using configure --with-alloc=system as another
workaround.

Yes, but the root is imho elsewhere, and it really worth to read the full gcc documentation, because mips(el there) seems to have a *lot* of possiblities (really nice proc imho).

As conclusion, for me, some gcc option has been modified, and since there is an optimisation issue, or maybe we simply hit a missing parameter ( like -march=aValue )

To be continued

Thanks,
Eric

--