Hi Eric and all,

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 2:48 PM, eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Sorry, I missed the original message, but I'll try to answer to the
> original message, who is : http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg
> ?listName=dev&msgNo=26295
>
> First, I got the same issue, and I'm working on it too : OpenOffice.org can
> no longer be built on it, and the breakage occured between DEV300_m57 and
> OOO320_m12, but was very probably introduced in m58 or m59.
>

> Some details about the background now :
>
> Gdium foundation donated me a machine running a loongson processor. Since
> this machine is not powerfull, I prefered to port OOo4Kids on it, instead of
> OpenOffice.org. (but everything is similar in the build process, just more
> simple for OOo4Kids than OpenOffice.org).
>
> What I know is the (obsolete) OOo4Kids based on DEV300_m57 ( before
> important changes for 3.2.0 ) builds, and works perfectly.
> Since OOo4Kids has been rebased with DEV300_m12, and the build is broken
> (only on Mips, curiously).
>

> The first thing I found was a missing -fpic flag in the solenv/inc/
> unxlngmips.mk, but I fear little other issues like that could cause the
> breakage.
> So, I can imagine  the issue could be caused by some performance changes
> (good candidate, integration started around mDEV300_m58), probably applied
> "by default" to all Linux or something like that (just a wild guess).
> Investigating.
>
> Of course, anybody is welcome to help us, and any information will help too
>  :-)
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Eric Bachard
>
> --
> qɔᴉɹə
>
> For people who don't know, I'm colleague of the author of the original
message, we build on Fuloong Minis, which has same processors as Gdium
machines has.

I observed the build output and found the switch still in use. The -fpic
switch may have been moved to soleenv/inc/unxlng.mk in the fix of i89237
"Unify the linux .mk files". If that's the case I guess there's other issues
causing the breakage.

Till now we have tested DEV300_m58 and DEV300_m60, the breakage took place
in the latter but not the former one.

By the way we tried the following workaround: adding -mips2 (or -mips3) for
gcc globally, the build could continue but office will crash with SIGBUS,
this can be solved by using configure --with-alloc=system as another
workaround.

Thanks,
Felix.