El Miércoles, 11 de Febrero de 2009, Shaun McDonald escribió:
> Having a slightly less efficient import that ensures consistency is a
> great thing, as it means that the database doesn't grow too quickly.

I fail to see why slower growth is a good thing?

> Remember that we are are using transactions with 0.6.....
> We really do want to make sure there are too many validations, so that
> we know that the data is correct in the database, rather than some
> weird inconsistency getting in.

Nah, we'll still have Potlach :-D

Now, seriously, does one single transaction with 50k insert operations (and
the necessary, non-duplicated checks) sound like a good idea for the diff
uploads?

> > If I have time to code the next few months, this is gonna get
>
> Uh oh ;-)

That's right, tremble and shiver upon my presence :-D

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

MSN:i_eat_s_p_a_m_for_breakf...@hotmail.com
Jabber:ivansanc...@jabber.org ; ivansanc...@kdetalk.net