On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 12:04 -0700, Dave Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 11:57 +0100, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
> wrote:
> > Alas I don't seem to bale able to make the slippy plugin work for these OOC
> > tiles. Part of the problem seems to be that the plugin insists on
> > downloading tiles even if I have the auto_download set to false, and
> > secondly it seems to retry the same tile if the tile is not present and
> > hence it just continue to retry this tile over and over again without
> > aborting. Since we only have tiles for some areas this stops the thing
> > working.
>
> Hi Andy.  I've been hacking on that plugin a lot lately.  It's probably
> my fault that it ignores the auto_download thing.
>
> I'm switching all of that code over to the JMapViewer code so that we
> can use its caching code.  That's going to necessitate rewriting the
> stuff that keeps track of tile sources.  At the moment, I've removed the
> ability to add your own custom sources.  I'd be happy to add your new
> tiles source if you can give me the URL, though.
>
> I'll also work on the jpg vs. png issue once I have some tiles that are
> in jpg. :)

OK, well here's a quick hack to try out.  It should obey the
auto-loading preference if specified.  You can also add custom map
sources by editing your prefs file and adding entries like this:

slippymap.custom_tile_source_name1=Mapnikcopy
slippymap.custom_tile_source_url1=http://tile.openstreetmap.org

You can add several as long as you end the names with 1, 2, 3...

Here are the jars:

        http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/josm/20091018/

Does anyone care about having a gui to add custom sources?  I'm not sure
how common it is for people to need that.

-- Dave