On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Steve Hill <st...@nexusuk.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, John Smith wrote:
>
> > You can stuff the new diff files straight into osm2pgsql, it's all I'm
> > doing, I coded my own shell script to keep track of where my system is
> > up to and to pull new ones when they are available.
>
> I think thats what I'm going to have to do.  I can't figure out how to get
> Osmosis to work - it just sits there doing nothing when I fire it up with
> "--rri --simc --wxc blah.osc".  Even with "-v 9" on the commandline all I
> get is it sitting there saying "FINE: Reading current server state." and
> doing nothing more. :(

That seems odd.  Are you able to point it to a debugging proxy to figure out
what's going on?  Does it eventually time out, or does it hang forever?

On Windows I use Fiddler, but I'm not sure what else is available.
http://www.fiddlertool.com/

I guess a packet sniffer such as Wireshark would also be able to help but
could be harder to diagnose.

Brett