On 2020-05-26 10:15, Paul Norman via dev wrote:
On 2020-05-25 1:15 a.m., Maarten Deen wrote:
Still, it looks to be a very simplified subset of the complete data. So I'd be interested to see how this works on a full dataset.

No, it has the full data except for admin boundaries and bay/straight
names on zoom 7 and 8. When you compare it to OpenStreetMap Carto
they're pretty similar. There are some labeling differences with sizes
of labels and when labels come in, but those don't have anything to do
with performance or size.

No, that's not what I'm seeing. I am seeing very basic and rectangular landuses, obviously simplified, along with waterways, railways, motorways, trunk, primary secondary roads and they too have been simplified, to the extent that parallel ways on motorways are now crossing eachother.

This is in my area: https://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/cartographic/mapbox-gl.html#12.14/51.36196/6.08322
https://imgur.com/a/WcYlVUc

Regards,
Maarten