On Tuesday 26 May 2020, Tom Hughes via dev wrote:
> More specifically what you are seeing is that it will let you zoom in
> beyond zoom 8 but you are seeing data that was simplified on the
> basis that it would be shown at zoom 8 where those artefacts would
> not be visible.

As said that is not quite true - but of course attributing artefacts,
noise and rendering distortions that are visible to specific data
processing steps is not easy.

As Joseph has hinted when it comes to accurate rendering for precise
mapper feedback without unintentional incentives at the lower zoom
levels there are other options based on pre-rasterizing the data which
would still allow using the benefits of client side styling.  I have
demonstrated that in the past.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/