Great thanks to folks with votes and the comments.

As a recap of current replies we have received, we have opened a list of issues
to be fixed for OpenWhisk in the coming release or further releases:

1. Add the tutorial for 0.9.0 to build and deploy locally with source code
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/197, we will
resolve it for 0.9.0

2. Add the instruction on how to verify the license header for each valid
source code file
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/196, we will
resolve it for 0.9.0

3. Add scripts to make download, unzip and installation of source code easier
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/issues/198, we will
resolve it for 0.9.0

4. Add the instruction to the private key and credentials
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/3800, we will resolve it
for 0.9.0

5. Renaming the package from whisk.* into org.apache.openwhisk.*
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/3797 We need to defer it
for next release, since all the repos depend on the naming convention so far.
It takes great effort and collaboration, because it affects existing offerings.

Regarding how many repositories we are going to release, we decided to continue
with the release of 13 repositories, after my discussions with many
OpenWhiskers. All the 13 repos by far are great intelligent assets, which have
been evolving during the past months or even years. They all play important
roles to make openwhisk complete, and users/contributors are longing to see
them distributed. Contributors in OpenWhisk have done great work to all of them
and we are confident with source code, and there will be more openwhisk
repositories in future, as openwhisk attracts more contributors with good
ideas. Based on my experiences with cooperating with people from Apache, I also
believe that Apache members are passionate about technologies and desire to try
out new projects, by fulfilling their duties with their evaluations and
feedback.

Except the issues we have above, does anyone have any other concerns we need to
take into account for the 0.9.0 release? If so, this is the chance to raise it;
if not, we shall proceed the, after we made the minor fixes to the above listed
issues.

Thank you.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: s...@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States