From: Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com.INVALID>
To: "dev@openwhisk.apache.org" <dev@openwhisk.apache.org>
Subject: Re: I created a variant of the go runtime that is faster at init time
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:00:07 +0000

Hi Michele

This is shaky ground and we don’t want to be the next npm horror story.

Technically speaking, at Apache we primarily release source packages, all
binary is pure convenience. Granted the convience today is what most people use.

So what we should primarily do, as Bertrand hinted, is have a contrib
repository. We can still have a contrib docker account into which the OpenWhisk
PMC can regularly „dump“ binary builds for convience. But it must be clearly
stated that those are not releases, have no release quality and all the usual
disclaimers.

Regards
Felix